Packing your rucksack four things to make life easier
- Always pack the rucksack with all storage areas open
- Always pack the weight evenly on each side
- Always pack tightly with as few gaps as possible.
- Try to avoid fixing anything to the outside of your pack (sleeping mat and walking poles are the exceptions
- Invest in a rucksack liner to keep your gear dry
- Buy dry bags in different colours you can then colour code for your different items
- Always keep waterproofs open – you can put them on quickly in a down pour
- Keep snacks in pockets to eat on the move
- Always have a hat and gloves in easy reach
Visit our website to learn more about our adventures path2peaks.com
Follow our Facebook page to find out about events, walking adventures and Guided Walks
See our blog about what to pack for an expedition.